You know World Breastfeeding Week is just a few days away....now, how are you going to promote it in your community?
Here are 10 quick ideas to help you get started!
1) Visit the World Breastfeeding Week website (www.worldbreastfeedingweek.org) and download free promotional materials!
2) Take the PLEDGE to promote World Breastfeeding Week ~ go to www.tensteps.org/pledge-form.shtml and put your promotion on the map!
3) Do you have a Facebook page or do you Twitter? During the week of August 1-7, put something about breastfeeding out there each day.
4) Wonder how others have put the international sign for breastfeeding support on their Facebook profile page? Here's how: http://twibbon.com/cause/World-Breastfeeding-Week/facebook
5) Honor the local lactation consultants: invite them for ice cream, take one to lunch or hold a tea in their honor!
6) Write a press release about World Breastfeeding Week and send/fax it to your local newspaper.
7) Tell others about the podcasts about breastfeeding from La Leche League.
8) Visit latchon.org for more ideas.
9) Visit the La Leche League page for World Breastfeeding Week for even more info.
10) Get the 8th (newest) edition of "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding", just released!