Whether hardcover, paperback or electronic version, books are still one of the top ways expectant parents get information. As childbirth professionals, we need to have the most current list of great books to which to refer our clients.
Below, are nine books that are great for pending parents!
- The Pregnant Body Book by DK Publishing
- Natural Hospital Birth by Cynthia Gabriel
- Mindful Birthing: Training the Mind, Body and Heart for Childbirth and Beyond, Nancy Bardacke
- The Birth Partner: 3rd Edition: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas and All Other Labor Companions by Penny Simkin
- Rediscovering Birth by Sheila Kitzinger
- The Official Lamaze Guide: Giving Birth With Confidence by Judith Lothian RN, PhD, LCCE, FACCE and Charlotte DeVries
- Birth Matters: How What We Don’t Know About Nature, Bodies and Surgery Can Hurt Us by Ina May Gaskin and Ani Difranco.
- Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn: The Complete Guide by Penny Simkin, Janet Walley, April Bolding, and Ann Keppler.
- Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding by Ina May Gaskin
For the more technical reader/client, you might also include these amazing books:
- Optimal Care in Childbirth: The Case for a Physiologic Approach by Henci Goer and Amy Romano
- Supporting a Physiologic Approach to Pregnancy and Birth: A Practical Guide edited by Melissa Avery
- Understanding the Dangers of Cesarean Birth: Making Informed Decisions by Nicette Jukelevics